Friday 22 March 2019

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #75 (ADITLOAKCCS)


As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

Well, it’s been a while. I don’t know why I suddenly stopped writing these. Maybe I needed a break or maybe I was just too caught up with work but it’s immaterial now. 

What matters now is that I somehow remember what happened during all the days I missed or at the very least, write an adequate substitute for each day I can’t. So, let’s work our way backwards and hopefully, by the end of this train journey I’m on right now, I’ll have blogged this week’s blogs InShaAllah.

Anyway, in the most recent programming lab we had the pair programming project interviews to ensure both partners in the pair worked together to complete the assignment. My pair, is a complete ghost so never really comes into uni.

Naturally, I had to do all the work which I didn’t mind too much since the coursework was straightforward. We were tasked with programming a predator/prey simulator which, as the name suggests, is a simulator that simulates the behaviour different predator and prey animals over a designated period of time.

If it had to be coded from scratch then it would be somewhat challenging but thankfully, the base code took care of most of that and we just had to make extensions based on the tasks accordingly.

Anyway, the interview went surprisingly well since I trained my partner to say whatever was necessary from his part and in 5 short minutes, it was all over. All I’m waiting for now is for the marks to be released.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...