Monday 14 January 2019

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #48 (ADITLOAKCCS)


As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

Contrary to the previous exam, the Foundations of Computing exam was only partially multiple choice. There were a total of 14 questions for 10 marks each, 6 of which were not multiple choice. Another difference was that there could be more than one right answer for each of the 8 mcqs so the mind games increased exponentially. The only thing that was completely the same was the 2 hour duration.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a question with all 4 answers being correct, otherwise It would mean you could easily guess and basically get full marks. Still, even questions with 3 right answers can give you a bit of doubt. Normally questions have 2 or 1 right answers so when you think a question has 3 answers, be sure to double check.

Regardless, the exam was still rather elementary but hey, that’s expected in the first year I guess especially if you’ve done A level Computer Science. Despite a lot of people leaving early, I still decided against it even though I finished nearly an hour early.

Hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...