Monday 14 January 2019

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #47 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

I didn’t initially think I would count exam days as actual “days” in this series but since I haven’t posted for a while for obvious reasons, I thought I’d make a quick blog anyway. The first 2-hour exam, which was for Computer Systems was 50 mcqs (that’s multiple choice questions for the uninitiated) each of which carried 2 marks each.

Every question only had one answer so that was somewhat relieving but overall, multiple choice questions can end up playing mind games on you if you’re unsure about a question. For instance, let’s say you put 3 Cs in a row and in the next question, you can’t decide between options B and C.

Instinctively, you would go with B if you’re completely unsure since it’s highly unlikely that 4 questions in a row have the answer C. But, there’s always the off-chance that the teacher is trying to throw you off by doing that exact thing so, I guess you just have to make an educated guess.

Anyway, probably the most difficult part of the day was actually locating the exam venue since it was an external hall away from university. Luckily, I thoroughly planned my route the night before utilising Street View on Google Maps so it didn’t turn out to be too hard after all.

Even though the exam itself was relatively easy, I’ve never understood the point of leaving an exam early. There’s always a chance that you’ve overlooked a silly mistake so instead of leaving, I decided to stay for about half an hour till the exam ended to check my answers multiple times.

That’s all for today, be sure to check out the next day’s post!

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...