Wednesday 12 December 2018

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #43 (ADITLOAKCCS)


As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

It’s the final week with only four more days to go till the semester ends! I must say it came sooner than expected but anyways, time flies when you’re having fun right? This week, as aforementioned in an earlier post I believe, is basically dedicated to revision.

With that said, I was sort of disappointed of how the programming revision lecture went. The lecturer basically went through all the slides of the module in the first hour and asked students which content they want to go over again in the second hour.

That approach, although admittedly useful in smaller groups, is definitely pointless in a lecture with around 400 people. To be honest, half the auditorium was empty anyway, but I digress. The better thing to do in my opinion is to actually go through questions with the cohort in attendance to better prepare them for the exam itself.

The Elementary Logic module’s revision lecture pretty much went through the whole module without asking the students. Still a bit dissatisfying to see them use the same approach as the programming lecture but it was an improvement nonetheless.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...