Wednesday 12 December 2018

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #42 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu World!

So, this post is for the last Friday of the semester. Technically, next Friday is the last one but since my last timetabled day is Thursday, I have Friday off completely next week. Today simply consisted of an hour’s tutorial on the Foundations of Computing module which I was completely unprepared for. 

But, somehow I learnt more in that tutorial than I did in 2 weeks’ worth of lectures. Just goes to show how obsolete lectures are becoming, or should I say have become. It’s not even because lecture capture exists, it’s also due to the fact that with the advent of smartphones amongst other devices, the average attention span of people in general is decreasing.

I remember reading an article about it somewhere but anyways, the point being made is simply that I managed to learn 4 hours’ worth of material in 1 hour. Nothing more to it really.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...