Friday 2 February 2018

An OCR A Level Computer Science Guide That Might Just Save Your Life 1.2.4(c)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

Here's the first of 9 resources of my new revision series. I realise I didn't give a lot of info on what this series is about when I first announced the idea so here goes. This revision series covers what I like to call the "technical" part of the specification. 

None of the content that will feature in these resources will be theoretical since I've already covered the entire theoretical part in my other revision series with 21 resources called The Most Detailed Yet Concise Summary Of OCR A Level Computer Science which you can check out here

Anyway, the way I try to structure these resource is by first summarising all the technical stuff you need to know from the spec which in this case is all 11 LMC instructions in the instruction set and then give a few worked examples of questions based on past exam papers.

I plan to get the resources for ERDs (entity relationship diagrams) and SQL (structured query language) done for Saturday and Sunday InShaAllah so that's all for now. Just remember to keep practicing these technical topics to get good at them. In the case of LMC, you can always check out this CPU simulator to try and run assembly code programs you write using this instruction set. 

Here's the link: Little Man Computer Instruction Set

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...