Sunday 7 January 2018

The Inspiration Behind My Resources: (Almost) Everything You Need To Know For OCR A Level Computer Science

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

I didn't get to finish my summary presentation for section 2.2.1 so as promised, today i'm going to talk about what inspired me to make my revision guide.

Firstly, there was a huge gap in the market for A level Computer Science revision guides in my opinion. Most resources were just textbooks which as you know, are full of a LOT of unnecessary stuff. Revision guides are there to cut down on the waffle and deliver the main goods i.e. give the relevant subject content in the most concise way.

Version 1.0 of my revision guide, although not covering the entire OCR spec yet, is only 30 pages. I plan to release version 2.0 this year InShaAllah which will cover the entire spec and still take less than 50 pages to do so. 

Anyway what actually inspired me was an AS revision guide made by ZigZag Education which I reviewed to be very good in my list of top 10 resources. Despite having a few faults, it was clear and concise and gave the content in a minimal yet comprehensive way. 

I didn't like some aspects so I decided to make my revision guide a bit different but what really inspired me was it's unique layout which you can see is used in my own revision guide here as well.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...