Friday 11 October 2019

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #89 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

11am-1pm Software Engineering Group Project lecture
This year is becoming so hectic I feel the only point in coming to uni these days it to work on coursework the labs. Seriously, with the added pressure of meeting internship and placement application deadlines there’s literally no time to go to lectures.

I still attended today’s lecture however had no intention of actually listening to the repetitive content. Instead, I simply sat in a corner with no distractions and got on with my work. One thing I’ve noticed this year is that you cannot afford to waste a single second of your time. Although, I have wasted a lot of time so far it hasn’t done me any good and I seriously regret.

Anyway, better late than never to make a change. For future sophomores, the best way to prepare for second year is to get all your internship/placement applications out of the way before­ uni begins. You’ll actually save so much time you may even get a minute or two to breath. Otherwise, it’s going to be a long year indeed (hey that rhymes).

4-5pm Software Engineering Group Project practical
Falling behind is becoming a normality at this rate. Today’s practical focused on Gradle and even though it was a relatively short one, I still didn’t get time to do it. Part of me is panicking but I know it will all work out in the end InShaAllah. Verily, after hardship comes ease.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...