Tuesday 24 September 2019

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #78 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

This year I’m going to try to write my blogs in segments so it’ll be easier to actually do them since I’m busier than ever. So, without further ado let’s begin.

9-11am Internet Systems Lecture

I should’ve written this on the train home yesterday but I forgot to charge my laptop. Nevertheless, since it’s the beginning of the year and well, it only happened yesterday I can pretty much recall how mundane it was.

That’s the thing with introduction weeks. Most, if not all the lectures just contain filler with a few bits of info here and there telling you useful stuff like how the course is assessed etc. As the name suggests, Internet Systems is focused on one technology alone; the Internet. You know, HTML and HTTP and whatnot.

Anyway, when having a glance over the topics covered in the module I was fairly confident some of them were covered in A level Computer Science, albeit to a lesser degree. Regardless, the first lecture simply talked about the history of the Internet in all it’s glory which I cannot detail here since I lost focus in less than half an hour.

You’d think that on the first day of the year one would restrain from not paying attention for at least one lecture but alas, the task was too great (probably because of the 9am start). Thankfully, that was the only session of the day so after a very long 2 hours I was free to return to my humble abode.

Now that I think about it the lecture actually ended 20 minutes early, further proving that it was all filler that the lecturer couldn’t even stretch to the whole 2 hours. That’s all for today, hopefully this year I’ll be doing these more regularly InShaAllah.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...