Friday 22 March 2019

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #77 (ADITLOAKCCS)


As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

One thing I’ve found particularly interesting over the past few days is how many people in my cohort are “ghosts”. For the fourth and final programming assignment, we have to work in groups of 4 and the amount of people on the discussion forums asking to join groups is actually astonishing.

So, I think it’s extremely vital to make friends at uni at an early stage because there will be times when you are put in circumstances like the one I mentioned. Yes, lectures can be a complete waste of time so people refuse to come in but that’s not all university is about.

Studying is great and all, but I think a lot of people miss out on the whole experience of university by never coming in. So, my advice to all future undergrads is, even if you don’t want to come into uni I strongly suggest you do at least for the first few weeks just to make friends.

In fact, one of my friends, who’s a graduate computer scientist working at a start up which is based at uni told me university is far more than the piece of paper you get at the end of it.

The main 3 benefits or purposes of university are to make connections with fellow colleagues and even teachers, gain a vision of what you actually want to do with yourself after you graduate and to enhance your personal development.

So, don’t be the person who just attends university for the degree, it’s so much more than that!

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...