Monday 4 February 2019

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #59 (ADITLOAKCCS)


As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

Day 59 was supposed to be a Wednesday but for whatever reason, I decided not to go that day. In actuality, that’s the second time I had missed a day (the first being a Wednesday too due to a train strike).

Do I regret it? Sort of but, it was snowing a lot so I can’t be too hard on myself. Anyway, on to today, the day that the first group meeting for the software engineering project was scheduled for. The meeting was productive but shorter than expected. A group study room was booked for an hour but the meeting ended in about 20 minutes.

Still, at least we can finally start work on the project. Here’s a tip: it’s best to split your group into teams that tackle tasks individually, kind of like taking a divide and conquer approach. Work gets done in parallel and therefore more quickly.

However, there are some drawbacks to this approach. At some point, there may be dependencies between tasks so it’s vital each team is working at a consistent level so no one falls behind. Anyway, it’s just the beginning so I guess we can adapt our strategy as the project progresses.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...