Monday 4 February 2019

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #58 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

I think today is the first time I’ve had 5 consecutive hours of teaching with no break which, is not as bad as it sounds. The first segment of that 5-hour marathon was the introductory databases lab. At first, I had no idea what I was doing but then I got the gist of it after looking through the lecture slides.

Anyway, time went reasonably quickly once I knew I was doing and before I knew it, the lab was over. 2 hours down, 3 to go. The remaining hours took the form of a 2-hour data structures lecture followed by the usual 1-hour tutorial.

Actually, for some reason, the tutorials always come first for Data Structures. The lecturer believes having it first refreshes our memory on last week’s content which is fine but, I’d rather it was the other way round like every other module.

The tutorial was pretty useful indeed but the same can’t be said for the lecture. Regardless, I made it through the 5 hours and it wasn’t too bad, I guess I’ll just have to get used to it.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...