Tuesday 4 December 2018

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #38 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

At this point there were only like 5 days left before the deadline so naturally, stress was starting to overtake what was left of my sane mind. I remember having this problem with code that took hours to solve but once I actually figured it out, it was even more maddening at how I didn’t see it sooner. 

Anyway, lesson learnt and let this be a tip to all you budding future programmers out there; always document your code as you go. If you’re not going to finish your program in one sitting, it’s definitely a good habit to get into. 

The code you write and fully understand one day will look like hieroglyphs the next. So, if you don’t want to be pulling your hair out over some unreadable code you wrote the day before, comment it.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...