Monday 10 December 2018

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #39 (ADITLOAKCCS)


As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

Okay, I believe I left off at last Thursday if memory serves. At this point, My programming part of my assignment should have been completed but alas, the reality was far from it. The thing about programming is, you never really know how much progress you’ve made. 

With writing assignments on the other hand, you can. Usually, there’s a word count which you have to meet so you can simply measure how much you’ve got left to do by working out how many words are left. Simples. 

With coding, you can’t simply count the lines of code and equate that to progress.
For all you know, the program might not even work as intended or even worse, it may not compile at all. 

Even with regular testing, you still can’t measure progress since you may need to change or refactor code in your assignment later on anyway. I know the same can apply for writing, but changing words in a Word document is infinitely easier than changing even a single character in a program.

Anyways, I did end up finishing my assignment by Sunday (which is when the deadline was) but I definitely could have saved myself a lot of had a started earlier.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...