Wednesday 21 November 2018

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #30 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu World!

It's becoming increasingly more difficult to blog whilst on the train due to the weather becoming colder by the day. So, to avoid potential frostbite (sarcasm) , I've decided to write these on my phone so I can keep one glove on whilst doing so.

Of course, the issue with writing anything of note on your phone is the dreaded auto correct. Anyway, this is for day 30 if memory serves.

In the morning I had a 2 hour computer systems lab from 9 to 11 which was, at first, really confusing since I reset my Arduino in the previous lab. But, after rewiring everything, it all started to make sense and I could get on with the work which was to code a piece wise function in assembly code.

After that followed a 2 hour break which I used pretty well by working on my programming assignment. Here's a tip for A level computer science coursework in general, coding games might seem like a fun idea at first but trust me, it's very repetitive to program.

Anyway, there was programming lecture for an hour at 1pm which was really forgettable so I won't go into what it was about (something to do with arrays I think).

Then there was an hour break after which followed the standard 3 hour session of foundations of computing which was so basic, even the lecturer said today's lecture is the easiest topic in the module. Plus I had already done the topic in A level computer science so it was even more straightforward.

that's all for today, be sure to check out day 31's post too.

Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...