Wednesday 14 November 2018

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #28 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu World!

Well, I just had the test today and I honestly think there wasn’t enough time. For 6 multiple choice questions, 30 minutes is not nearly enough. Anyway, it went well all things considered but I just had to guess the last question since I was almost out of time.

This is the first time the module is being examined in this way so it’s safe to say they haven’t even considered how long it actually takes to do the test. Sure, you only get 6 marks worth of questions but the actual time it takes to work out the answers is a bit longer than the allocated 5 minutes per question.

I guess I’m just annoyed at my poor time management skills, something I thought I mastered during my A levels but evidently, those skills eluded me during the test. I suppose a small consolation is the fact that the test only counts as 10% of the module so not getting full marks isn’t a complete disaster.

After the test, there was a 90 minute break in which I basically done nothing since I was still annoyed and even in the computer systems lecture that followed, I didn’t really pay attention. Here’s a tip; ignorance is bliss. As tempting as it may be to ask everyone their answers, don’t.

You’ll soon realise that you didn’t get the marks you initially thought and then be gutted for however long it takes for you to get over it. Which, in my case, was the remainder of the day.

Anyway, this serves as a valuable lesson for the programming module test which is on December 11. That’s all for today.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...