Friday 28 September 2018

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #2 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

Well, it's been a busy few days to say the least which is why I haven't posted since Monday but anyway. Day 2 had a shorter schedule than Monday especially since the discussion with my personal tutor was moved to next week since he's in Barcelona for whatever reason.

So, instead of starting the day at 1pm for a 30 minute discussion followed by a 1 hour and 30 minute break to the 3pm lecture, it just started at 3pm. Obviously, it not being an early start definitely helps with the journey since it's outside peak hours.

The lecture itself was on Computer Systems and was 3 hours long (supposedly). I know I've mentioned this before, but doing A level Computer Science makes the first year of uni very repetitive. I had already read this somewhere but didn't really believe it but I sure do now. 

There is a silver lining to that so to speak, you can spend less time studying in the first year and actually do more extra curricular stuff like becoming student representatives (which I'm actually considering), joining societies and so much more.

Back to that supposed thing about the lecture. The timetable, as far as my understanding is so far, is not set in stone. This is probably true for all universities. If the timetable says a lecture is between 3-6pm, doesn't mean it will actually be till 6pm. Sure, it will start at 3, but lectures can finish earlier (or sometimes later) than the time specified. On Tuesday for example, I finished around 45 minutes earlier and on Monday, as previously mentioned, it was an hour and a half earlier.

Maybe it's because this is the first week so they're starting off slow but I certainly hope that's not the case. The surprise of a lecturer ending the lecture early is definitely a pleasant one. 

That's all for for today, be sure to check the next day's blog!

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...