Thursday 21 December 2017

A Few Common & Not So Common Abbreviations Used In My Resources: 1.1

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

I decided to start this "series", well it's more of a clarification of some content in my resources to avoid confusion when using them. Most of the abbreviations I use are quite normal, but there are a few here and there where you think, what does this even mean? 

Anyway, without further ado, here's the list of abbreviations for section 1.1:
  • CPU = Central Processing Unit
  • ALU = Arithmetic Logic Unit
  • CU = Control Unit
  • PC = Program Counter
  • ACC = Accumulator
  • CIR = Current Instruction Register
  • MAR = Memory Address Register
  • MDR = Memory Data Register
  • GPR = General Purpose Register
  • FDE = Fetch Decode Execute
  • CISC = Complex Instruction Set Computer
  • RISC = Reduced Instruction Set Computer
  • GPU = Graphics Processing Unit
  • SIMD = Single Instruction Multiple Data
  • MIMD = Multiple Instruction Multiple Data
  • I/O = Input/Output
  • R/W = Read/Write
  • RAM = Random Access Memory
  • ROM = Read Only Memory
Hope this helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...