Sunday 1 October 2017

A Ton Of Resources For Learning The "Number Systems" Part Of The H046/H446 Spec

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

I was originally intending to make today's post another "top 10 tips" post for writing a computer science personal statement but then decided to go with this instead. Don't worry, i'm saving the personal statement post for another day InShaAllah.

Anyway, I found a bunch of resources for learning nearly all the number systems stuff you need to know for OCR A level Computer Science. They're not made specifically for the H046/H446 spec so they're probably applicable to other exam boards as well.

It seems like I've made quite a few posts on binary but that's probably because it's that easy topic in the spec that people initially find really confusing. As for my own revision guide which is currently still in the making for those who don't know, I still need to cover pretty much all the binary content.

I suppose another reason i'm sharing so many of these resources is because this part of the spec needs a lot of practice. You won't get any good at this by simply memorising the rules and stuff. The best way to get good at this is use all the past paper questions on this topic (and yes that includes the old spec papers as well) and then if you've run out of questions you can use the resources i'm posting here or try other revision materials like textbooks.

Anyway, you know the drill: practice, practice, practice. I've put all the number systems resources I've ever shared on this blog including the ones i'm posting today in a neat folder to make it nice and easy to find them.

Here's the link: Binary Folder

Oh, and there's a nice website I found that has exercises, guides, animations etc. all to do with binary here.

Hope this helps!



3 comments:

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...