Tuesday 5 September 2017

Here's Another 2 Good Big O Notation Presentations

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

It may seem like I only have resources on algorithms but I just want to share resources systematically since they're so many! My Google Drive is a it cluttered as well so it makes resources harder to find but nonetheless I've found these 2 presentations that are more relevant than the previous one to the OCR spec.

Now I'm not saying that they're made for the spec or they're completely relevant, but their content doesn't go too much beyond the A level scope. I have a couple of other ones but they're for AQA A level Computer Science so I have decided against posting them yet.

The first presentation is the shorter one and is much easier to understand. It's more of a beginner's guide to Big O Notation but I highly recommend it anyway since it's content is quite relevant to the OCR spec. 

The second presentation is a bit longer and more complex, but is still very useful. It's much more detailed than the shorter one but sometimes goes beyond the scope of the OCR spec so as usual, check with your teacher as to what you specifically need to know or just check out the subject content clarification guide.

Big O Notation isn't really that complicated once you get the hang of it. It might look a bit hard at first since there's numbers and graphs involved but there's nothing too mathematical about it. Most of it is actually theoretical knowledge rather than math so for those who aren't good with numbers or if you simply hate math, you have nothing to worry about (not too much anyway).

Anyway, the links are below and as aforementioned I recommend you start with the shorter one for beginners and then move onto to the longer one next.



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...