Wednesday 6 September 2017

Another Algorithms Presentation For Implementing Dijsktra's Shortest Path Algorithm

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

Another algorithms resource coming your way. This time it's a presentation that goes through an implementation of Dijsktra's algorithm on a graph. It finds the shortest path between 2 nodes step by step so you can understand it easily.

I'm not saying you can learn the algorithm just by using this, but it does give you a nice visual representation of how the algorithm works in stages. As with anything practical, the way you get better at it is by practicing so doing questions on the algorithm's implementation would be the most beneficial.

Now where do I find questions on Dijkstra's algorithm, I here you ask? Well, finding questions specifically for OCR is a nightmare so I would highly recommend you do Edexcel's D1 Dijsktra's questions.

You can find D1 papers on Edexcel's website but you can find the specific Dijkstra algorithm questions on Physics & Maths Tutor. Obviously, you can go for AQA and OCR questions as well but I think Edexcel is the easiest to do.

Speaking of questions by topic, I'm going to start grouping OCR past paper questions from both the old and new spec according to their topics as well. I think it would be very useful since you could just focus on the area's of the spec you find challenging rather than do an entire past paper which has parts you can do with ease.

Here's the link: Dijkstra's Algorithm Presentation

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...