Sunday 6 October 2019

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #85 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

11am-1pm Software Engineering Group Project lecture
These lectures are becoming as pointless as having a computer science degree when you’re going to work with Excel for the rest of your life. It literally recapped everything about software development lifecycles that ISE did in the previous year with a bit of extra and dare I say useless information.

So, when the break happened, I simply left to work on my coursework.

4-5pm Software Engineering Group Project practical
It’s amazing what you can accomplish in a 3-hour free period at uni vs what you can do at home in the same time. You can get more work done if you put your mind to it since you’re in an environment where everyone else is doing the same but, you can also end up doing nothing at all if you end up doing something with friends.

That’s one pro of working at home; it’s just you. Then again, so is your arch nemesis: the bed. One must tread a very fine line in order to keep working whilst on one’s bed. It can be very easy to get distracted and turn a coding session into a “chilling” session so beware.

Anyway, I got a lot more work done today than I expected so I think I can afford to deviate just this once…

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...