Monday 30 September 2019

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #82 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

9-11am Internet Systems lecture
Unlike last year, where I always cruised through lectures and crammed before exams, I decided to do myself a favour and make my notes during lectures. The only problem with that is, as I swiftly learnt last year, that sometimes the content covered in the lectures can be completely useless.

Essentially, you end up making a large amount of well written (or typed in my case) notes only to find out near the end of the semester that the exam only goes over about a quarter of your notes. That’s the problem with university. The lectures just stretch out what little content they have so that it lasts the full year for it to be worth £9000+.

In actuality, one could complete a standard 3 year degree in a single year. Even today’s lecture ended half an hour early like last week. And to think that this is going to probably continue for the rest of the semester is unbearable

11am-12pm Internet Systems large group tutorial
The tutorials for this module seem so pointless I don’t know where to begin. There were 4 questions on the tutorial sheet, the answer for which were literally slides in the lecture itself. Considering the exam is going to be multiple choice, I seriously doubt we need to be able memorise reams and reams of material which is quintessentially waffle.

12-1pm Foundations of Computing 2 small group tutorial
This was the only useful session of the day. So far, this module is pretty easy but I doubt it’ll stay that way for long. Also on a side note, be prepared to have multiple consecutive sessions without any breaks. Mondays are a real mission from 9am to 1pm but looking on the bright side, the scheduled SEG discussion from 5-6pm turned out to be optional so at least I can go home straight away instead of waiting 4 hours.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...