Friday 25 January 2019

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #54 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

Day 54 consisted of 5 hours of data structures split in a 2-hour lab, a 2-hour lecture and an hour’s tutorial. The lab was actually quite useful. Pretty basic, but useful nonetheless. This reminds me, if you’re using BlueJ past the first semester you’re doing it wrong. 

Seriously, BlueJ is great for beginners but once you’ve got your foundations straight, you should move on to better IDEs such as Eclipse or IntelliJ. The only thing I have against BlueJ is the fact that it is extremely slow. Otherwise, it’s a pretty solid IDE. 

Anyway, the tutorial was also surprisingly helpful even though the content was a repeat of A-level content. The lecture on the other hand, was exhausting to say the least. Or maybe I was already burnt out from before. Luckily, my timetable has nothing scheduled on Tuesdays, so it wasn’t so bad after all.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...