Saturday 19 January 2019

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #52 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

Yeah I know, I didn’t post the review I said I would in my previous post but, I still intend to do it. Anyway, day 52's timetable was a familiar one. The timings of the lectures and tutorials were pretty much the same as Thursday’s in the first semester, the only difference of course is the modules.

The programming module is beginning to get more advanced although, inheritance; a topic covered in today’s lecture was something I was already familiar with from A-level. The introductory Database Systems lecture was a whole different kettle of fish.

There was a lot of new content introduced although I feel a lot of it is just extra info. It’s hard to judge any module based on the first lecture alone but so far I think Data Structures seems a lot more useful. Don’t get me wrong, learning SQL is going to be great but, already knowing SQL and a fair amount of database concepts has led me to lean towards Data Structures. For now.

Before I conclude anything, I have to see what the software engineering module entails which I will found out in tomorrow’s introductory lecture InShaAllah.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...