Friday 23 November 2018

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #32 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu World!

day 32 was interesting, not the lecture on the day itself but the journey to uni definitely was. The lecture, which was one of the last of the Computer Systems module, was mostly A level content with a few new concepts that seemed relatively easy.

Anyway, on the way there was a white carriage lead by 4 white horses on the road, and in the carriage was a coffin which was followed by a black limousine. Normally, funeral processions just transport the coffin in a limousine but this was the first time I saw otherwise.

I personally think it's irresponsible to do that since horses can only travel no more than 5mph I would think, not whilst running of course. So, bringing a carriage led by 4 walking horses on a 50mph road is genuinely inconsiderate of fellow motorists.

Sure it wasn't during peak hours (around 2pm to be precise), but people have still have to be places and the last thing they would expect is a long queue of cars due to said horses. Anyway, I still got to my lecture on time (just about) so it didn't impact my journey too much but it's still a bit surprising to me how horses are allowed on A roads with relatively high speed limits.


Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...