Saturday 17 March 2018

(Almost) All The Algorithms You Need To Know For OCR A Level Computer Science Version 3.0

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

WOW, it has been a long time hasn't it? First off, allow me to apologise for my unannounced absence for nearly 2 weeks. I guess I was taking a break from blogging (and pretty much everything else since I didn't develop any resources in that time) but anyways, the important thing is i'm back. 

Secondly, let me apologise again for version 2.0 and 1.0 of this resource. Being a student, it's easy to make mistakes when you aren't exactly erm... a teacher? If you don't know what i'm rambling on about then let me explain. The first 2 iterations of this resource had a few errors in the algorithms, both logical and syntactical.

I didn't really notice them until I looked back on this resource for my own revision (yes, I use the resources I make since the one's made by the "experts" are no good at all). Anyway, I worked really hard on version 3.0 AND made sure there are no errors whatsoever in all the required algorithms you need to know.

With that said, I guess that really shows how poor the resources are for this specification. I mean literally, I had to scour countless websites to find reliable algorithms. From the Algorithmist to Rosetta Code to even Wikipedia! I honestly can't believe how some of these textbooks get endorsed by OCR since they don't even cover the whole spec! 

Anyway, before I let my emotions get the better of me and start a rant, here's version 3.0 of (Almost) All The Algorithms You Need To Know For OCR A Level Computer Science:


By the way, I had already shared this resource in my previous post 2 weeks ago in the 5th iteration of the big list in case you didn't notice. I should also mention I have been recently working on a logo which I intent to "brand" all my resources with (don't worry, they'll still be free).

Don't have much more to say except that I honestly can't wait to write my textbook InShaAllah because frankly, the textbooks out there for this specification are rip-offs.

Hope this helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...