Tuesday 12 December 2017

Possibly The Worst Computing Resource Ever

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

I've seen my fair share of bad resources whilst looking for ones to post on my blog. This "resource" however is by far the worst I've ever seen. Believe it or not, it was meant for the old OCR A level Computing course but I cannot even imagine how it is useful in any way.

Honestly, just take a look at it. Not only are the terms in the resource irrelevant to that specification, some of them aren't even related to computing! But every resource has it's benefits too. 

This very resource actually inspired me to start the Ultimate OCR A Level Computer Science Dictionary series which you can find here along with all my other resources. I don't even want to go through in detail about how useless this resource is, but what I do want to illustrate is the quality of the average computer science resource. 

Resources like these ultimately influenced me to start this blog. I know, I know, computer science (especially at A level) isn't a popular subject. Now I could add myself to the hundreds or even thousands of students who complain about how the exam boards write terrible specifications or horrendous exam papers but I decided not to.

I decided to do something about it by creating resources and sharing them on this blog for free. And I may not see the fruits of my efforts now, but I hope that soon enough these resources will reach to everyone taking this subject which is why for the first time i'm going to ask everyone reading this to please spread the word.

Also, if you have any suggestions or ideas just comment them below and together we can make computer science a subject that is fun, rewarding and easy to learn.

Here's the link: Computing Glossary Of Terms

Hope this helps (I guess)?


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...