Sunday 19 November 2017

Road To 200 OCR A Level Computer Science Resources: Parameter Passing Document

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

191 resources in and I've finally found a decent document related to section 2.2 of the spec. I still need to post resources for section 1.5 and 2.1 before I hit the 200 target InShaAllah. 

Since this is the first resource on this topic I guess I should reiterate a couple of things I've said in my earlier posts regarding the programming side of the spec. Unlike the old spec, you aren't required to know language specific syntax so you can just write your algorithms in the exam in pseudocode. 

It's also worth keeping in mind that you won't be penalised for not using the exact style of pseudocode mentioned at the end of the specification. As long as the examiner understands what you're algorithm is trying to do you'll be fine. 

With that said, it's better to be safe than sorry and make sure you're pseudocode is 'on point'. The best way to do that, like any other practical topic in the spec, is to practice, practice, practice. Knowing the theory isn't enough, so make sure your algorithm writing skills are good enough to not bring down your final grade.  

Here's the link: ByRef vs ByVal

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...