Friday 8 September 2017

Some Helpful Info For OCR A Level Computer Science Coursework

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

It's been a while since I've posted anything regarding coursework so I thought I'd share a document that contains a bit of helpful info on the programming project. It's very brief and to be honest, isn't the best of resources however it is still useful when resources are scarce.

As I've said in my other posts (probably), the coursework isn't really hard but it's just REALLY long. The key is to keep up with deadlines and don't fall behind. In all honesty, finishing work ahead of deadlines is much more rewarding and less stressful but if you're a last minute type of person then all I can say is good luck.

Make sure you get the highest you possibly can in the coursework so you have less to worry about in the exams. With that said, don't spend all your time improving your coursework to get those extra marks at the expense of revising for your exams which are equally, if not more important.

Despite only being worth 20% of the A level, the programming project will take loads of time. You'll probably be making small improvements here and there all the way till May but the important thing is to keep the exams in mind whilst doing so.

Anyway, I'm sure I've mentioned some of this stuff before so I'll quit yammering on and on but the coursework is no joke. Taking it seriously at the start of the year might be a bit annoying but trust me, you'll thank yourself for it. 

Here's the link: A level coursework info

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...