Monday 21 August 2017

Welcome To The Muslim CompSci's Blog: The Ultimate Computer Science & Technology Blog InShaAllah

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World! 

First off I have to apologise since my first blog post was actually supposed to come on AS/A level results day (yes, i'm currently an A level student) so I guess that already means my blog isn't the "ultimate computer science and technology blog" since I can't even post on time *sighs*. I actually created the blog on results day but couldn't figure out how to write my first blog post.

Anyway, now that that's out of the way allow me to officially introduce what this blog is going to be about, but before I can do that there's a few things you need to know about me. You already know that I am a Muslim A level student (who's most likely a guy since finding a girl in a computer science class is like spotting a celebrity, no offence meant) but so what? Why would an A level student who probably has tons of other things to do (by that I mean mostly studying) make a blog about computer science and technology? More importantly, why would you waste your time reading something written by someone who most likely has minimal blogging experience and should instead be doing what all students should be doing, STUDYING!

I created this blog for a couple of reasons:

  1. Firstly, I can't afford to pay to host a website because i'm poor (just kidding), I was actually in the process of building a website but then I realised not only do I have more experience blogging than running a website (I actually used to blog a lot), but blogs are quicker to update, easier to manage and are very flexible (and obviously free).
  2. All jokes aside, the main reason I wanted to start blogging about computer science and technology is so I can bolster my CV and personal statement so when I apply to university and jobs I stand out like a sore thumb, sorry err... I meant excellent candidate. This was also a joke obviously... or was it?
  3. OK i'm serious now, I'm doing A level Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science. Hmm, looks like a regular set of subjects right? WRONG! The difference between me and most people is most people aren't crazy enough to self study A level Computer Science independently (more on that later). Computer Science, in case you didn't know, is not an easy A level. On the contrary, it has one of the lowest number of students studying it and has one of the lowest pass rates out of all the subjects. Anyway, whilst doing a whole A level independently you realise a few things. This is probably just specific to computer science and perhaps a handful of other subjects but the resources out there are as scarce as water in a desert. And the few resources there are aren't very good or cheap, they're at high prices and at cheap quality which ultimately is the reason I wanted to make this blog. The function of this blog is primarily to provide good quality resources for A level computer science students which are for free (and for me to embed whatever thoughts pop into my head on the Internet occasionally). I know that this is easier said than done especially for a mere student like me but I am willing to do what it takes so every computer science student will be able access to free resources that will hopefully help them pass their exams InShaAllah.
I have a lot more to say but for my first blog post I guess this is OK. Just going to conclude by saying I honestly have no idea if anyone is even gonna read this, I have an array of ideas (geddit?) and know how I want this to work out in my head but implementing it all out is going to take some time... 

Anyways, this took like an hour somehow so i'm just going to leave it at that and end with a generic computer "sciencey" image.

*Insert mind blowing caption here*




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...