Monday 28 August 2017

The Ultimate OCR A Level Computer Science Dictionary (version 3.0)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!

Version 3.0 is here! This one took a bit longer than the previous iteration since I couldn't decide whether to include a contents page or not. Since this is only 20 pages I decided against creating a contents page and done something different. I colour coded the definitions so they correlate to the section of the spec they belong in. I also separated the definitions so the start of each section is labelled with the part of the spec they are referring to. 

I've also decided that this is probably going to be the last version of "The Ultimate OCR A Level Computer Science Dictionary" (at least for a while) because I want to move onto bigger things. So what am I talking about when I say "bigger things"? 

I want to make a revision guide. As aforementioned in a previous blog post, the number of resources for A level Computer Science are scarce, I don't want to go into how scarce they are or the quality of the ones available in this post but it's quite safe to say (given that this is a new spec as well) the resources out there aren't very good. 

Even CGP, who I consider to be quite good at making revision guides, haven't made a revision guide for A level Computer Science. I know this will take a lot of work and commitment and I have no idea how long this will take me so until I complete this I don't think I will be able to create any other resources. I will still be sharing resources so don't worry but they won't be created by me.

Anyways, I would talk more about the revision guide as I have loads of ideas already but let's not go on a tangent. I couldn't really think of anything else to add to this so this is all for version 3.0.

Here's the link: The Ultimate OCR A Level Computer Science Dictionary (v3.0)

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day In The Life Of A King's College CompSci #93 (ADITLOAKCCS)

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh World!   9-11am Internet Systems lecture I know, I know. It’s been a while. In my admittedly...